The OBDeleven is a fun little device that lets a VW / Audi owner access the internal 'coding' of their car and customise or add features it didn't ship with from the factory.
Here's a little video showing you the brake / indicator lights before and after coding.
Running on Android only the companion app to the hardware dongle that plugs into the vehicles OBD port is very straightforward to use. I purchased the pro model so that I got some extra 'credits' and also the ability to do long coding.
One thing that is really lacking in the community is a searchable database of the tweaks and modifications that are possible to make. I wonder if this is something I should consider doing with mkdocs or similar.
There are dozens of other small modifications I've made to make the US spec Golf behave more like it's European cousin.
- ACC resume automatically after 3 seconds when stopped
- Change the steering wheel controls to default 5mph increments instead of 1mph + press and hold
- Comfort close windows from the keyfob
- Reversing passenger side mirror autodip
- Disable seatbelt beeps on startup
- and loads more...
I'd highly recommend anyone with a VAG car to get this OBDeleven Pro device. VCS used to cost $$$ thousands and require a laptop. But here all you need is an Android device, what's not to like?